A recent visitor of this blog asked us to explain how to move files between folders in Windows Live SkyDrive, the popular free online storage service from Microsoft. Moving or copying files between two folders of Windows Live SkyDrive is very easy.
Here are the steps to be followed
1. Login to your Windows Live SkyDrive and choose the file you want to Move or Copy
2. Click on the the option either Move or Copy depending on what on what operation you would like to do (I’m going to choose Move for illustrating screenshots in this article) . SkyDrive display all the folders available in your account
3. Select your destination folder by choosing one from the displayed list. SkyDrive shows you a confirmation screen.
4. Confirm file movement operation by choosing the option “Move this file into Documents”
5. Done. Your file is successfully moved to the target folder
Windows Live SkyDrive, the free online storage service from Microsoft, has announced that the storage capacity of each account is going to be increased to whooping 25GB from the existing 5GB limit. Wow! that is a lot of online storage space to keep all personal files and photos safely in the cloud.
Along with massive storage space SkyDrive is also going to introduce several new features
We can download content of an entire folder as a compressed .zip file from SkyDrive. I love this feature as it saves lot of time and reduce broadband usage too. Initially this feature will be enabled for the users living in United States, Denmark, Ireland and after few months other users will also be allowed.
Today if you want to move a file from one folder to another folder, you have to download the files to your computer from the source folder and then upload them to the target folder. This is lot of time consuming process. To avoid this unnecessary data transfer, SkyDrive will allow users to Move and Copy files from one folder to another folder online.
Integration with Live Photo Gallery
You can download the pictures stored in SkyDrive directly to Windows Live Photo Gallery. Integrating Live products is a good sign to see from Microsoft.This is a good sign to see from Microsoft as they started integrating products one by one.