- /nostartupanimation – disables the startup animation
- /noshutdownui – removes the shutdown item from Tasks
- /mediamode – start in “media only mode” with no minimize/close buttons
- /widescreen – force widescreen mode
- /nochrome – launch windowed mode without the containing window
- /playallmusic – Play all music at startup
- /playfavmusic – Play favorite music at startup
- /playfavslideshow – Play favorite slideshow at startup
- /playfavslideshowwithmusic – Same as above with music
- /playslideshow – Play all slideshows
- /playslideshowwithmusic – Same as above with music
- /screensaver – Start media center in screensaver mode
- /configuress – Start media center at configuring screen saver menu
To enable these switches, right click the Media Center shortcut you’d like to modify and enter the switches you’d like to enable in the target input box.
Multiple switches can be enabled by entering multiple switches separated with a space in the target input. Now launching your Windows 7 Media Center through this particular shortcut will open the program just the way you like.